Skip to content

Teacher Training applications

How to apply

Primary Initial Teacher Education

If you are interested in the Primary Initial Teacher Education 3 Year BA (Hons), you should apply through UCAS (see our page on degree applications for further details).


Applications for PGCE courses, both Primary and Secondary, should be made online through UCAS Teacher Training (UTT).

School Direct Training or Salaried Programmes

Applications for School Direct Training or Salaried Programmes in both Primary and Secondary be made online through UCAS Teacher Training (UTT).

IMPORTANT NOTE: When making your choices for School Direct in the APPLY section, under click provider: You will need to type in the name of the Lead School, not the University. A list of Lead Schools is available on the School Direct Primary and School Direct Secondary web pages.

Get in touch

If you would like to find out more about the application process, please contact the Admissions Office: Tel: 01905 855111or email: