International Business Management BA (Hons)
What makes International Business Management at Worcester special?
Begin an exciting journey towards a fulfilling career in international business management.
You will spend six months studying abroad at one of our partner universities in Australia, Canada, Europe, New Zealand or the USA. You can opt to study foreign languages and take a one-year paid placement (in the UK or overseas). Our network of academic staff, business coaches, worldwide partner Universities and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), will support you as you launch your international career.
With its focus on innovation, creativity and contemporary issues (such as globalisation, emerging markets, protectionism, demographic changes, more rapid global communications and environmental sustainability), this flexible degree will signal that you are a well-networked, culturally-aware and commercially-focussed graduate. You will be able to demonstrate that you have the knowledge of international business, the intercultural awareness, management capabilities and language skills that employers most value.
Our range of fun extra-curricular activities, such as sport clubs, societies, cultural visits and the student social scene further add to your university experience and personal development.
- Experience international cultures, learn a language and develop a global mind-set through a period of study abroad
- Gain an insight into international business management and explore the latest thinking in accountancy, advertising, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, human resources, law, leadership, marketing, project management, public relations and sustainability
- Enhance your employability through internships, a one-year paid placement (potentially overseas) and integrated coaching from experienced business leaders
- Work with academics who have extensive experience of international business management, consultancy or running their own business
- Gain Associate Membership of the Chartered Management Institute
Business at Worcester is changing
This course is part of our new Business portfolio launching in September 2018.
If you are interested in joining us to study Business in 2017, please see our current course portfolio.
What qualifications will you need?
UCAS tariff points
112 UCAS tariff points
Book your place at an Open Day
Want to know why so many students love living and studying in Worcester?
Our open days are the perfect way to find out.Book your place
What will you study?
Here is an overview of current modules available on this course. Regular updates may mean that exact module titles may differ.
Most first year modules are mandatory. This enables you to acquire the core knowledge and skills that you need for the rest of your degree and identify topics which you will want to select in Years 2 and 3. It also means that you can switch to a different course at the end of Year 1 if you wish.
A wide range of optional modules are available, including:
Optional placement year
You can choose to take a placement year and convert your degree to a 4-year sandwich degree with virtually all of our full-time Single Honours degrees in Business or Computing by taking a year in industry between your second and final years.
You will be able to apply to spend your placement year at an organisation of your choice, anywhere in the UK. Placement opportunities are available in all business sectors, including marketing, advertising, PR, HR, business management, finance, economics, programming and game design.
Visit our work placements page for more information.
A wide range of optional modules are available, including:
Teaching and Assessment
How will you be taught?
You will learn how to:
Explore the real-life application of learning via tutors with business experience, via work placement, and via contact with local, national and international businesses – in the past these have included Shell, Barclays Bank and the BBC.
There will be opportunities to take part in projects for clients, visits to businesses, live and computerised simulations, case studies and exhibitions alongside the usual lectures, workshops and seminars. You will develop a range of skills, which you can evidence on your CV and talk about at job interviews
Worcester is a place where you will be supported to reach your full potential as a self-directed learner ready to make an immediate impact in the world of work.
You will study within a highly supportive and friendly learning community, with access to excellent learning resources in purpose-built facilities.
Tutors are friendly, approachable and accessible and virtual resources enable you to work flexibly to suit your own learning preferences and busy lifestyle. You will progressively build your knowledge and expertise across levels of study through modules which are delivered in different ways, perhaps through traditional lectures and seminars as well as e-lectures, workshops and simulations.
In a typical week, you will have 12 hours of scheduled contact time, which you will supplement with one-to-one tutorial meetings and around 20 hours of guided independent study.
There are a variety of assessment types – reports, presentations, projects, examinations – and sometimes you will even be able to choose an assessment style to suit you.
Where could it take you?
- Benefit from integrated career coaching throughout your course, where we will support you with preparation of your CV and interview technique
- Develop the knowledge, skills and capabilities needed to make an immediate impact in your chosen organisation
- Develop strategic insight in your chosen specialism so that you can deliver long term value for your chosen organisation
- Gain professional body accreditation, exemptions and recognition
- Create a portfolio of direct business experience through a one-year paid placement, internships, consultancy projects and company visits
- Work on live client projects through the Business School’s Media Lab
- Build your own business network
- Learn a foreign language and experience international cultures through opportunities to work and study abroad
- Develop your own business through the Business School’s Incubator
Request or download a prospectusRequest now
How much will it cost?
How do you apply?
Applying through UCAS
International Business Management BA (Hons) N122
International Business Management (Placement Year) 4 Yr: N120
UCAS is the central organisation through which applications are processed for entry onto full-time undergraduate courses in Higher Education in the UK.
N122 or N120