Closing Date for applications:
31 October 2017 for a January 2018 start
The application deadline for our next intake is 31 October 2017 and interviews will be held at the end of November.
We take the selection of candidates on to our Professional Doctorate Programmes very seriously which includes matching a candidate with the right supervisor for their studies. For a list of the broad research areas in which we can supervise please select the programme you are interested in from the left hand menu.
To apply, please complete our application form.
In order to complete the application we require the following documents:
- Application form including a research proposal of between 900-1500 words
- Copies of all relevant certificates and transcripts (including those for English Language qualifications where applicable)
- A full curriculum vitae
- At least two references, one of which should be from the institution of your latest degree, the other from a senior professional colleague (please see guidance notes in the application form).
All applications for entry in January 2018 must be received no later than Tuesday 31st October 2017.
We have a limited number of places on our Professional Doctorate Programmes and therefore have a rigorous selection and interview process. Candidates will be selected for interview based on the extent to which the following criteria are met: ·
- The entry qualifications are fulfilled
- The Academic Institute has the supervisory capacity to support the research project
- The research proposal has the potential to become a viable research project at doctoral level
- The applicant demonstrates that they have the competence and motivation for completing a professional doctorate based on the following criteria:
- Intellectual ability
- Creativity – the potential to make an innovative contribution
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written ·
- Ability to change practice
Successful candidates will be expected to participate in a formal interview at the end of January with the Programme Leader and Course Leaders from across the Worcester Professional Doctorate Programme. Prior to interview, candidates will be asked to submit a piece of written work. This should be a piece of completed research work, for example, a Masters dissertation. At interview candidates will be asked to give a 10 minute presentation on the research proposal – ‘What I want to research and why, and what impact might my research make to the workplace and/or society?’